Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Introduction...

As a Psychology major planning on going on to graduate school, psychology research is very important to me. It sounded kind of boring and nerdy to me when I first heard about it, but after I got into it I realized there was much more to it than just statistics. Now I find myself constantly thinking of how to measure behaviors and reactions, and how to design experiments to test out these measures. Once you get past the technically terminology, it’s surprisingly interesting and fun.

On this blog I plan on posting research studies that I find interesting and also my current research topics. For now I am working on a study that has to do with the career choices of my generation, which has been labeled “Generation Me,” and the career choices of “Generation X.” This will see if things like the economy have had an effect on what careers students are choosing to study in order to have a good chance of scoring a job after graduation.  I also plan on posting about events or mini explanation sections that relate to my undergraduate research experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment